Packing a Unicorn bag for school is fairly straightforward – the key thing is to not leave behind anything you really need. Though you’ll want to be prepared, you don’t want to pack excess items that only weigh down your bag. If you follow a few simple steps, you’ll have everything you need organized and ready to go every day of the school seek.
PART 1: INCLUDING THE ESSENTIALS
1. Pack any books and binders you need to take to school first
Packing these heavy items first will keep them from squashing any lighter items. Arrange any books and binders vertically in your backpack against the part that touches your back, or horizontally if you have any other type of bag.
- If you don’t need a certain book or binder you can leave it at home or take it to school and store it in your locker.
- You may want to pack the book or binders in the order that you will need them for the day. Make sure you don’t forget any.
2. Add your planner, notebooks, folders, and homework next
If you have loose papers, like homework or notes, it’s best to store them in a binder or folder so they don’t get wrinkled or ripped. Include your planner as well so that you can make notes or adjustments to it throughout the day. Stack these items next to your books, making sure to distribute the weight evenly throughout the backpack or bag.
3. Include writing implements and other supplies you may need
SHOP YOUR FAVORITE UNICORN STATIONERY HERE.
4. Add items for electives or extracurricular activities
Depending on your schedule, you may need gym clothes in addition to a sports uniform or equipment (like soccer cleats or football pads). If they fit, you can store these items in your backpack so you don’t have to carry two bags.
- You may also need a helmet if you ride a bike, skateboard, or scooter to school.
- Though an instrument isn’t likely to fit in your school bag, set the case near your bag so you don’t forget it!
5. Pack a lunch if you don’t buy yours at school
Add some snacks, and a water bottle. If you take your lunch to school, you can store it in your bag as well. It’s a good idea to put food items in a separate lunch box or bag to keep them from being spoiled. You may also want to add a few small snacks, like a granola bar or bag of cut veggies, in case you get hungry. It’s also a great idea to include a reusable water bottle to keep you hydrated throughout the day.
FIND YOUR FAVORITE UNICORN BOTTLES HERE.
PART 2: ADDING PERSONAL ITEMS
1. Include your wallet, phone, and keys
Items like your wallet, phone, and keys should go in small pockets of your bag to help keep things organized. Pack your glasses and their case, if applicable. You may also want to include an mp3 player and headphones, if your school allows these items. Pack any relevant charging cables as well.
- Follow all rules regarding electronics for your school; keep them off or on silent and in your bag or locker during classes.
- Remember that it’s not a good idea to take large amounts of cash to school. You may, however, need a small amount of money for lunch as well as your ID, particularly if you have a driver’s license or permit.
2. Fill a small bag with health and beauty items you might need
It’s a great idea to include small zipper bag with these items so you have whatever you may need throughout the day. You may want to pack period supplies, like tampons or pads, personal wipes, or even a spare pair of underwear. Include grooming supplies, such as deodorant, floss, breath mints, tissues, and hand sanitizer. If you want, you can add makeup, lip balm, a hairbrush, hair pins and elastics, perfume, lotion, and contact lens solution, if applicable.
3. Add emergency supplies, if desired
GET IT HERE